To all Baptised and Transferred-in Members
BFEC 47th Annual General Meeting on Sunday 23 May 2021
- It is the privilege of members to participate in this AGM service not as a formal duty but as a time for celebration and mutual accountability. Our Lord is present even on AGM Sunday.
- Notice is hereby given that BFEC’s 47th AGM service will be held on Sunday 23 May 2021. As the authorities have capped AGMs to a limit of 50 pax (unlike the quota for church service), this year’s AGM service will again be conducted virtually, as follows:-.
Date: Sunday 23 May 2021
Part 1: 9.00 am – AGM Worship Service (Worship, Message, Lord’s Supper) via usual ONLINE platforms (https://bfec.sg/youtube or https://bfec.sg/sermons)
(As explained, do note that there WILL NOT BE any onsite/physical service.)
Part 2: 10.00am – AGM continues ONLINE on LIVE ZOOM session (e.g. Reports, Accounts etc)
- To participate in the AGM is to affirm your membership to the BFEC family, for no church can function healthily without members affirming their regular participation in their local church. As such, Article 5 of our Articles of Association states: “All members of the church shall at such intervals and in such manner, as may be required by the Church Council, affirm their membership failing which such members shall be transferred from the Register of members to a subsidiary register upon which their membership shall ipso facto be suspended, provided that the Church Council shall have the discretion to restore a person where a reasonable explanation has been given.” So let us make it our goal to affirm our membership once again at this AGM service.
- This year, the Elders are pleased to inform members of the following:
Election of New Deacon: Lee Yen Ter
- Members, with the AGM conducted online, please check your email for:
5.1 PRE-REGISTRATION: we need you to pre-register your attendance at the link indicated in your email by 15 May 2021.
5.2 LINK TO THE ZOOM SESSION: this will be provided after you submit your pre-registration.
5.3 LINK TO ONLINE COPIES: The Notice of Agenda of AGM, 2020 Annual Report & Audited Accounts and Minutes of the last AGM will be made available for viewing online.
- Updating Email and Mobile contact: However, if you did not receive the email, do ensure you update your email address and mobile contact with the church office at 96701800 immediately so that we can resend the links to you.
- Printed Copies: The aforesaid documents will be made available upon request (SMS or WhatsApp to 96701800). These may be collected through a prior appointment made at the BFEC church office between 3 May – 14 May.
- Questions & Answers: With the time constraints of an online AGM and in the interest of giving opportunities for prayerfully considered questions and answers, the Council invites members who have questions to submit them in writing to the Church Secretary. Email to email@example.com by 15 May 2021. During the AGM, priority will be given to answering these written questions and thereafter, to clarifications arising out of the presentations given.
- I am confident the Lord will be pleased and all of us mutually blessed.
Elder Alex Lo, Chairman, BFEC