In the latest efforts to curb the spread of COVID-19 in the community, the government has issued guidelines for the conduct of worship services and religious classes. These are to take effect from Sat 8 May to Sun 30 May.
I would like to update you on the following measures for BFEC for this period:
- Sunday services: English services (8am & 10am), *Youth Service (12noon) & Chinese Service (2pm) will continue onsite.
- These will be capped at 100pax per service in 2 zones on Sun 9,16 and 30 May.
- We will follow the latest guidelines pertaining to the conduct of worship services.
- Members are reminded not to attend physical services if feeling unwell, have visited TTSH during the period in question or are already under Stay Home Notice.
*On Sun 9 May, the Youth Service had already planned not to meet in view of Mother’s Day. They will gather physically on Sun 16 and 30 May.
On Sun 23 May, i.e. AGM Sunday, there will not be any onsite services, as announced in our previous correspondence. We will meet online: 9am – on Youtube and Facebook; and at 10am – on Zoom. Members are reminded to pre-register for AGM.
You may wish to save this link to register for physical services here: https://bfec.sg/service
You may access our English and Chinese online services here: https://bfec.sg/youtube or https://bfec.sg/sermons
- Crèche, KSS & JSS will NOT gather physically this Sun 9 May. Although religious classes are permitted, we have decided to suspend physical gatherings for our children for one Sunday in keeping with the spirit of the advisory. As it is also Mother’s Day, let us take the opportunity to honour or do something meaningful as a family for our mums.
However, Crèche, KSS and JSS will gather physically again on Sun 16 and 30 May, observing all safe distancing measures. Do remember to register your child on those Sundays. (Note: On Sun 23 May, there will not be JSS, KSS and Crèche as it is AGM Sunday.)
- All other church ministries will not meet physically but online until further notice, even as we monitor the situation. These include: IFM, 40:31, Ladies Group, Evergreen fellowship, Jesus Club, Table Tennis, CPM, CCsg Limousine.
- Cell Groups are encouraged to continue gathering to spur one another during this time – be it onsite or online, subject to current safe distancing measures. E.g. If booking with the church office to meet in church premises: groups of 5 separated from other groups of 5 by 1m; masks on. If gathering in homes: maximum 5 (instead of 8) unique visitors per household.
- Should you have any query on the above, you may contact Shirley Soo at 6448 1800 or email: email@example.com. Meanwhile, let us continue to do our part and heed all other relevant safe management measures issued by the authorities.
- Let us especially uphold our nation, all affected and those in the frontlines in fervent prayers before the throne of grace, even as we look to Him for continued protection and healing from the ravages of the pandemic not just for Singapore but the rest of the world.
“Trust in him at all times, you people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge.”Psalm 62:8
In His grace,
Elder Alex Lo
On behalf of BFEC Council