PASTORAL NOTE (Issued on Fri 18 June 2021)
How are you keeping after a month of Phase 2 (Heightened Alert)? We thank God that we are able to resume onsite (physical) Sunday Services and Ministry meetings. In this note, we will spell out how we intend to do this in stages. You may wish to print a copy of this note for your reference. God-willing, and as at the time of this communication, here’s how our church will open up:
- SUNDAY WORSHIP SERVICES ONLINE ON 20 JUNE:
- As announced, English service continues online on 20 June in 2 parts:
- Part I at 9.00am – usual online service on the topic: “The Gospel through A Father’s Eyes”. You can access our services here on:- Facebook https://bfec.sg/facebook or Youtube: https://bfec.sg/youtube or https://bfec.sg/sermons
- Part II at 10.30am – on Zoom. This is for all Frankelites to gather for thanksgiving, fellowship and prayer in response to Part 1. Zoom link: https://bfec.sg/fathers or scan the QR code
Meeting ID: 846 1992 1248 Passcode: 931074
- Chinese service – will continue ONLINE at 11.00am.
- Youth service will meet on Zoom at Noon.
B) SUNDAY WORSHIP SERVICES FROM 27 JUNE ONWARDS: Resuming of onsite services
- 8am Worship Service (4 zones, up to 184 seats)
This service is for Frankelties and guests who:
- Are fully vaccinated (i.e. 2nd vaccination dose needs to be done 14 days prior to the date of church attendance)
- Have undergone Pre Event Testing (PET) using an Antigen Rapid Test (ART) or Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) test administered by an approved test provider. Test results are only valid for 24 hours from the time an individual registers at the testing premises to take the test and must be valid till the end of the service. So if you are planning to attend the 8am service, the test must be taken after 9.30am the day before, on Sat. (PLEASE NOTE: at the moment, the authorities do not consider self-administered or DIY COVID-19 test kit results, even though they are considered ART, as valid for entry to worship services.)
- Have an exemption notice (PET exemption notice with a relevant validity period. It must be issued 270 days from the date of the earliest PCR+ result performed in Singapore or 270 days from overseas PCR+ result if a Serology-positive (S+) result is obtained in Singapore.)
- 10am Worship Service (only 1 zone, up to 50 seats)
This service is for all Frankelites and guests, including those who are not vaccinated. Until further notice, it is capped at 1 zone of 50 seats, so no pre-event testing is required.
(PLEASE NOTE: We hope to increase the number of zones and seats for this service sometime in August as more people get vaccinated in the coming weeks.
Once the zones and numbers increase beyond 50 in due course, all attendees must either have been vaccinated, undergo PET prior to attending the service or possess an exemption notice.)
REGISTRATION FOR BOTH 8am AND 10am WORSHIP SERVICES
- Register your seats for either the 8am or 10am Service using our usual Eventbrite booking platform at https://bfec.sg/service
- You will receive further instructions upon successful registration of your seats.
- Youth Service will continue to meet on Zoom at Noon till further notice.
- Chinese Ministry Service
- This will continue online on 27 June at 2pm. (This is because there will also be 10am services from 27 June)
- Physical services will resume on 4 July at 2pm with one Zone of 50, until further notice. This service is for all Chinese Ministry Frankelites and guests, including those who are not vaccinated. As it is capped at 50 seats, no pre-event testing is required. Registration for the weekly physical services can be done by calling the church office at 6448 1800. (PLEASE NOTE: Once the zones and numbers increase beyond 50 in due course, all attendees must either have been vaccinated, undergo PET prior to attending the service or possess an exemption notice.)
C) CRECHE, KSS, JSS, OTHER MINISTRIES AND CELL GROUPS
- All Ministries and Cell Groups to continue to meet online till 20 June.
- Based on the current advisory, from 21 June onwards, Ministries and Cell Groups will be able to resume onsite meetings while adhering to the various measures. Refer to Appendix A for more information on the measures.
- Contact Chih Yuan at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are planning to use church premises.
- From Sun 27 June, both KSS and JSS will resume at 9.45am (Parents, please register your child using the Eventbrite booking platform and come punctually in order to facilitate safe entry measures. Due to safe distancing and capacity limits, please understand we will not be able to allow children who have not been registered to attend.)
Should you have any query on the above, you may contact Shirley Soo at 6448 1800 or email: email@example.com.
“And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of his return is drawing near.” (Heb 10:25) Looking forward to worshipping together in person!
To be His Bride Ready,
Elder Alex Lo
Appendix A: Safe Management Measures for Religious Classes (i.e. Ministries and Cell Groups) held at BFEC premises
- Ministries or cell groups planning to use our church premises must first contact Chih Yuan at firstname.lastname@example.org and receive a confirmation before proceeding.
- Each ministry zone or cell group must not exceed 50 persons, including the leaders and volunteers.
- Ministry or cell group can have subgroups within the 50 pax. Each subgroup comprises no more than 5 persons, with each subgroup having a 1m distance from the other.
- Trace-together Safe Entry and Temperature check must be carried out as you enter the church premise.
- No food and drinks to be consumed at all times.
- All present are to be masked up, including speaker and chairperson.
- No singing by worshippers, even with masks on.