PASTORAL NOTE (issued on Thursday 22 July 2021)
Greetings in the name of our dear Lord Jesus!
We thank God that we were able to resume onsite (physical) Sunday Services and Ministry meetings for the past 4 weeks since 27 June. It was indeed good meeting some of you face to face.
With the current Return to Phase 2 (Heightened Restriction) from 22 July – 18 August, the leaders have made some key decisions, aligned with the provisions in the government’s advisory.
A) SUNDAY WORSHIP SERVICES – ON 25 JULY, 1, 8 & 15 AUGUST
1. 8am English Service: Continue with onsite (physical) service (2 zones, up to 100 seats).
This service is for Frankelites and guests who:
- Are fully vaccinated (i.e. 2nd vaccination dose needs to be done 14 days prior to the date of church attendance)
- Have undergone Pre Event Testing (PET) using an Antigen Rapid Test (ART) or Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) test administered by an approved test provider. Test results are only valid for 24 hours from the time an individual registers at the testing premises to take the test and must be valid till the end of the service. So if you are planning to attend the 8am service, the test must be taken after 9.30am the day before, on Sat. (PLEASE NOTE: at the moment, the authorities do not accept self-administered or DIY COVID-19 test kit results, even though they are considered ART, as valid for entry to worship services.)
- Have an exemption notice (PET exemption notice with a relevant validity period. It must be issued 270 days from the date of the earliest PCR+ result performed in Singapore or 270 days from overseas PCR+ result if a Serology-positive (S+) result is obtained in Singapore.)
REGISTRATION FOR 8AM SERVICE
Register your seats for the 8am using our usual Eventbrite booking platform at https://bfec.sg/service or call BFEC hotline 6448-1800 for assistance with booking.
You will receive further instructions via email upon successful registration of your seats.
2. 10am English Service: No onsite (physical) meeting. Join us in our online service which will be live-streamed at 8am and available after that.
3. Chinese Service: No onsite (physical) meeting. Join us in our online service at 10am.
4. KSS, JSS & YOUTHS will meet ONLINE.
- KSS: 9.45am – 10.45am
- JSS: 11.00am – 12 noon
- Youths: 12noon
B) OTHER MINISTRIES AND CELL GROUPS – FROM 22 JULY to 18 AUGUST
All Ministries and Cell Groups to meet ONLINE. No onsite (physical) meetings in church.
Should you have any queries on the above, you may contact Shirley Soo at 64481800 (ext 124) or email: email@example.com.
Brothers and sisters, let us first ensure that we “stay safe” in Him, abiding in nothing else, important as vaccines and other safe measures continue to be. Like the psalmist, we can say, “I have chosen the way of faithfulness; I have set my heart on your laws.” (Psalm 119:30)
Then let us move to spur one another in love and good deeds during this time. There is no restriction for Spirit-inspired prayer, spending quality time with the Lord in His word, looking out for one another over zoom or the phone or reaching out, as He leads, with thoughtful gifts and words that share the hope we have in Christ.
This Sunday will doubtless mark a very different 63rd Anniversary for our church but I trust that we, as this “church on the hill”, must and can shine brightly on (Matthew 5:14).
To be His Bride Ready,
Elder Alex Lo