BFEC CARES — Christ-centred Care Training
Learn how to give Christ-centred care for the saint-sinner-sufferer, enabled by the Spirit, through the ministry of the Word
About this event
The Bible reveals how God has always loved His people by confirming the saint’s new identity in Jesus Christ, comforting the sufferer living in a broken world made up of broken relationships, and calling the sinner to confession and repentance. As disciples of Jesus Christ, not only are we simultaneously saints, sufferers and sinners, we are also called by God to love one another in the same way that God loves us.
BFEC Cares: Christ-centred Care Training aims to equip the fellowship of believers who are invested in discipleship, personal growth and relational wisdom.
This course is for you if you are a Christian who is interested in
- understanding life’s struggles and afflictions through the biblical lens
- applying biblical truths to building wise and loving relationships that are gospel-centred and Christ-glorifying
- co-creating a community of Christians able to care for one another in their struggles
And is able to commit to ten, 3-hourly sessions from 8th July to 23rd September.
By the end of this course, participants will gain confidence in:
- Applying the gospel in the care of saints, sufferers and sinners (Introduction, Lesson 1. Biblical Caring Christian Care-giver attributes, Lessons 2. Feelings, Heart Wounds, 3.Process and Listening 4.Boundaries, Confidentiality )
- Evaluating the need biblically ( Lessons 5.Grief/Loss, 6.Anxiety, 7.Depression)
- Sharing biblical hope (Lesson 8. Inner Healing/ Bringing struggle to the Cross/ How to pray for care-receivers)
- Co-creating communities of Christians compassionate and competent in caring for one another (Lesson 9. Mental Health Myths/Resources Workshop, 10. Self-care, Supervision)
There will be 10 sessions held on Friday nights, 7pm to 10pm beginning on 8 July 2022 to 23 Sep 2022.
- $80 with dinner (dinner at 6.30pm)
- $40 no dinner
- $40 alumni (includes dinner)