Equipping For Ministry (2019)
The Equipping For Ministry (EFM) Program is an intentional mentoring & discipleship program which aims to equip followers of Christ
- in a foundational study of God’s word
- in personal & group ministry & leadership skills
so that each person may be complete in Christ (Col 1:28) and may be equipped for the work of service to the building up of the body of Christ (Eph 4:12)
The program is designed as a small group engagement anchored on the foundational 3-book series based on the 2:7 series from the Navigators. It will include personal and group leadership and ministry skills to build and equip individuals who are committed and passionate to grow in their Christian character and love and influence for Christ.
We will meet weekly as a small group and will interact through opportunities for practical sessions and times of ministry and application of skills learned.
It is a one-year commitment for those who are involved and would require disciplined study and engagement from each person.
The following topics would be covered:
[table id=7 /]
Building on these foundational skills through the 2:7 series, other important building blocks for Christian maturity and ministry include sessions on:
- How to understand and apply the Word of God into our lives
- How to prepare and deliver Spirit empowered sermons
- How to engage in the sacred reading of scriptures
- How to effectively lead small groups
- How to minister to those in need and pray for healing and deliverance
- How to be an effective steward of God’s resources
Jesus has called us:
- to follow Him (Matthew 4:19; Luke 9:23),
- to walk in Him (Gal 2:20; Gal 5:16, Col 2:6),
- to discipline ourselves for the purpose of godliness (1 Tim 4:7),
- to grow to maturity in Christ (Heb 6:1; Phi 3:14),
- to be complete in Him (Col 1:28) and
- to go and make disciples of all nations (Matthew 20:19)
So then, my beloved, just as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your salvation with fear and trembling for it is God who is at work in you, both to will and to work for His good pleasure.
So let us work out our salvation with His divine enablement and to present ourselves to God as those alive from the dead and our members as instruments of righteousness to God (Romans 6:13)
The EFM program begins on Sunday 3 March from 12.30 – 2pm.
Contact Elder Soon Boon (mobile:94517122) or Elder Danny (DannyChua@bfec.org.sg) to sign up.