We Care for YOU
Our pastoral team is a heartfelt extension of the care and concern of the church. You don’t have to go through a trial alone. When life changing events occur, contact us immediately so that we can assist you as soon as possible.
We urge all disciples of the Lord to be baptised in obedience to the Lord’s teaching and example.
BFEC Baptism classes are recommended for those aged 12 years and above (also known as Membership 101 Classes) and are conducted twice or thrice a year prior to each baptism service. The dates and commencement of such classes will be announced in the Church Bulletin. If you are considering to be baptized, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the baptism form.
In a marriage ceremony, a couple makes a public declaration of lifelong commitment to each other. Couples seeking the solemnization of their marriage in BFEC must:
- Both be baptized believers and worship regularly with BFEC (at least one spouse is a regular member of BFEC at time of application; and both must be baptized before marriage);
- be committed to attend marriage preparation classes.
- commit to join a new or existing cell group for mutual accountability and discipleship.
- undergo an interview with a marriage counsellor and the officiating minister before the Church can give approval for the wedding;
- have the intention of becoming members of BFEC if they are not already members;
- have 2 referees in the event of the couple being new and unknown to the Counsellor and Officiating Minister;
- submit their wedding application form at least 6 months prior to their wedding date (this is to facilitate booking of the church, the scheduling of the officiating minister, counselling etc.).
Requirements, Procedures and important pointers for a marriage ceremony can be collected from the BFEC office. In addition, please complete the online marriage preparation form so that we can journey together with you in the marriage process.
“Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, The fruit of the womb is a reward.” Psalm 127:3
We celebrate with you in the birth of your newborn infant! Do let our church staff know so that we can bless you with a special gift.
It’s exciting when a new child enters a family. Children are a gift from God, and dedicating a child acknowledges God’s sovereignty, not only over the child, but also over Mom and Dad.
The dedication of each child, by one or both parents, is done during a church service, in the presence of God, and affirmed by the congregation. Childrens’ dedication is usually done once or twice a year, subject to need. Such services will be announced in the Church Bulletin. While BFEC does not practice infant baptism, we encourage all members to dedicate their new-born to the Lord in our church. This also extends to parents who have recently become born-again Christians and who now wish to dedicate their children too. Parents dedicating their child to our Lord not only seek God’s blessings and guidance in the upbringing of their child but also the loving accountability and fellowship of church members. It is a time of renewal and commitment to:
- train each child to love the Lord and worship Him reverently in private and in public, and to study and subscribe to the teachings of the Holy Bible.
- lead each child, by precept and example, into the love of God and the service of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Please complete the online child dedication form or email email@example.com if you wish to dedicate your child to the Lord.
“Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord.” James 5:14
We are committed to ministering the love and compassion of Jesus Christ to individuals who are hospitalised or bedridden. We bring encouragement, prayers, and comforting to all who need hospital services.
Do call us if you or any of your loved ones are are hospitalised.
Although death has lost its sting to the Christian, it is nonetheless a time for grieving and caring. It is a time when the peace and comfort of the Lord may be ministered through practical Christian love and support, understanding and prayer.
In the event of a family member’s death, members of BFEC are encouraged to inform the Church Office at 64481800 which will then inform the relevant pastoral staff.